Arches Education Center is funded by state and federal adult education grants via the Grand County School District, as well as various supplemental grants and donors such as Wabi Sabi Moab. We also charge fees for some of our services. Our fees are as follows:
- We charge a one-time fee of $50 to all individuals seeking to take the GED. This fee covers:
- The cost of the online “G.E.D. Ready” Official Practice Test provided by GED Testing Service
- Eight workbooks from the “Scoreboost” curriculum provided by New Readers Press
- A calculator
- All tutoring and supplemental education provided by Arches Education Center
- For students pursuing Adult High School Completion, the fee is $10 per quarter-credit earned
- For students working to build skills through Adult Basic Education, we charge a time-based fee to cover the license for our computer program. That fee is $10 per month, $50 per six months, or $100 per year.
Under our policies, adult learners will not pay more than $100 in fees each calendar year
Many of our students may be eligible for reimbursement or educational incentives by either their employers, Utah Vocational Rehabilitation Services, or the Utah Department of Workforce Services. We are happy to help students through these application processes. We can also join students with community resources and agencies. For example, some of our funding comes from a Temporary Aid to Needy Families (TANF) grant, which helps us connect qualifying students with various forms of financial assistance and lets us better serve them.